By Jackson Cote on May 18, 2021
It wasn’t an unusual call for paramedic Rejeanne Boissonneault, but life-threatening nevertheless.
A man at a homeless shelter on Worthington Street in Springfield had gone into cardiac arrest after overdosing on heroin in a public area. Thankfully, Boissonneault and her colleagues were able to rush to his aid. In the middle of the facility, in front of most of the residents there, the paramedics were able to resuscitate the man, bring his pulse back at the scene and take him to the hospital moments later, saving his life.